Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dreams come true

Well, once again, I'm gonna say that it's been a long time since I wrote my blog. I promised to myself that I would write a blog more often than before, and I would write all the experience that I had a couple months ago. Okay, just forget it. I'll start writing another experience now.

Master degree
I graduated at April 2011. At that time, the first thing that I had to decide: "am I gonna start my career work? or take master degree?" From the beginning, I never intended to get my master degree in the same country. Why? After 4 years of studying, I know the disadvantages that I get from studying at that university, and I don't want to get it again for the next 2 years. Moreover, it's been my dream since I entered university. So, it would be very great for me if I able to study abroad.
First step that I had to do, of course, was filling application for scholarship that I wanted. I applied to three scholarship/university: Monbusho, KAIST, and Warwick Univ. Actually, for Warwick, there was no scholarship at the time I applied, but I just applied it. Okay, after all of those applications were done, the next step is,
Second step: wait and pray. Yeah, we must do this after we apply to any application thing. I waited for maybe 1-2 months. After that,
Third step: get the result (and choose if accepted in 2 or more places). I got the results around June-July. Well, unfortunately, I wasn't accepted for Monbusho. I didn't know the reason (and still I don't know). Some people said that it's because I already tried last year (2010) but failed at interview session. Some others said it's because the competition got tighter. Whatever it was, it's still the fact that I wasn't accepted. But for the other two application, I got accepted, Alhamdulillah. Although it was an "accepted on a condition" for Warwick, and I didn't really intent to do master degree at KAIST, but it's still Alhamdulillah that I got accepted.
With that condition, I had to choose whether which university that I wanted to go to, or dropped it all. I knew that this decision would really affect and also got affected by another BIGGEST decision in my life. Yeah, BIGGEST decision in my LIFE (you know what it is). After considering all the possibilities, I decided to have master degree at KAIST.
[Well, one of the reason I chose that was because my (former) fiancee also accepted at KAIST and she agreed to take it with me :D]
Okay, finally, I went to KAIST with my (former) fiancee. And right now I'm still struggling there. I will tell the story about my life here later (maybe :P).

BIGGEST DECISION IN MY LIFE
What is the biggest decision in your life? Well, for me is getting married :D
Why it's biggest decision? Because whoever she is, it will affect how my (our) life goes on from the day I get married. It will affect what kind of obstacle that I need to face, what kind of decision that I need to take, what kind of family that I wanna make, what path do I have to choose that can lead me to become successful person, and etc. So, I had to be sure first that the marriage will bring goodness to us both and our family.
I've known this woman since high school. We've been together from the first year in university. She graduated in July 2011. In that month, we faced things that we had to decide, and those are the university that we wanted to have our master's & our marriage.
Well, long story short......finally we took the chance to go to the same university, we planned our wedding, and now, we are married and we live together in Korea taking our master degree at KAIST :D

This is the path that Allah has shown to me. If I think about it more and more, I am really happy I can go to university, study abroad, and the most of all, I am doing that with my wife. Every time I feel happy/sad, every time I have trouble, every time I sleep and wake up in the next morning, there is always my wife beside me. I feel that I'm one of the luckiest person in the world. Alhamdulillah (^^). It is all, dreams come true.

1 comment:

  1. I shed a tear reading this.. tear of joy. =')
    Alhamdulillah.. Insya Allah this is just the beginning of our journey. Reach higher!!! Hwaiting!!

    ReplyDelete